Reading Recommendations For The End Of Summer
WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THESE SUMMER-FALL BIOGRAPHIES:
1. GROWING UP by Russell Baker; the former Pulitzer Prize winning New York Times columnist recalls his fatherless childhood.
2. DEPTHS OF GLORY by Irving Stone; the life of Impressionist painter, Camille Pisarro, and the author’s last book.
3. MANHUNT: THE TWELVE DAY CHASE FOR LINCOLN’S KILLER by James L. Swanson
4. THE YEAR OF MAGICAL THINKING by Joan Didion; how the author “managed” the duel deaths of her husband and daughter.
5. MEMOIRS by Tennessee Williams; the author “speaks.”
6. HAYWIRE by Brooke Hayward; the former actress recalls her peculiar childhood.
7. PENTIMENTO by Lillian Hellman; the playwright’s memoir about her New Orleans upbringing, early career, and long-time romance with Dashell Hammett.
8. IN COLD BLOOD by Truman Capote; the murder of the Clutter family in Kansas.
9. THE PASSIONS OF THE MIND by Irving Stone; a biography of Sigmund Freud.