Books can be fun and entertaining. Here is a list that can be enjoyed all year round.
1. A WRINKLE IN TIME by Madeleine L’Engle; the universe is saved from an evil force.
2. AND BOTH WERE YOUNG by Madeleine L’Engle; the awkward Flip learns about love, and how to fit in at an exclusive boarding school.
3. PIPPI LONGSTOCKING by Astrid Lindgren; how a freckle-faced, pig-tailed girl is always in and out of adventures.
4. NUMBER THE STARS by Lois Lowry; a teenage girl’s experiences during the Holocaust.
5. THE FIRST FOUR YEARS by Laura Ingalls Wilder; life on the prairie in the late 19th century.
6. OUT OF MANY WATERS by Jacqueline Dembar Greene; In the 1600s, Isobel stows away on a ship for Amsterdam, but ends up in New York.